In honor of Down Syndrome Awareness month, Knightly will be sending kisses everyday via Periscope LIVE from his adventures this month.
Hear inspiring stories and glimpse into the daily life of a child with Down Syndrome.
what is periscope?
Periscope is Twitter’s live video streaming app and the latest up and coming social media outlet. Anytime, anywhere, you can go live on video and audio and any viewer in the world can join to ask questions, comments, or tap the screen to share hearts and show love.
Here’s the catch. After the broadcast, you’ve got 24 hours to replay the video if you missed it. Otherwise, it’s gone.
Unless you learn how to save it (which thank God I figured out but only several days in).
upcoming periscope schedule (in PST)
We’re so grateful to God for the community and opportunities to bring awareness for Down Syndrome. IMPORTANT NOTE: Timeframes are estimates as we are working with the schedule adherence and model behavior of a toddler 🙂
- Oct 30 | Downtown Los Angeles with the family | A Grandparent’s Perspective | 5:00PM
- Oct 31 | Halloween Trick or Treat | 11:30AM
Stay tuned for future Periscopes via Twitter here.
Watch our past Periscopes on our YouTube channel here.
week 1 periscopes
- Day 1 | Knightly Kisses from Disneyland
- Day 2 | Knightly Kisses during Breakfast Time
- Day 3 | Knightly Kisses from Oak Glen Apple Picking
- Day 4 | Knightly Kisses everyone good morning from his crib
- Day 5 | Knightly Kisses from the Aquarium of Pacific
- Day 6 | Knightly Kisses from the doctor’s office and we chat medical myths on Down Syndrome
- Day 7 | Knightly Kisses from Target | 7 Reasons Why Having a Child with Down Syndrome Makes Life Better
week 2 periscopes
- Day 8 | Knightly Kisses from Occupational Therapy
- Day 9 | Knightly Kisses with the Littlest Warrior at Disneyland | Parenting a Child with Down Syndrome and the Journey to Holland
- Day 10 | Knightly Kisses from Church (or attempts to)
- Day 11 | Knightly Kisses with Tim Harris, 1st restaurant owner with Down Syndrome, TEDx speaker, and founder of a non-profit to help kids with Down Syndrome start their own businesses
- Day 12 | Knightly Kisses with the McElwees, pioneers and advocates for Down Syndrome inclusion – What is inclusion and how is it best accomplished?
- Day 13 | Knightly Kisses from Home and we chat physical characteristics for a person with Down Syndrome
- Day 14 | Knightly Kisses from Physical Therapy
week 3 periscopes
- Day 15 | School Bus Stop
- Day 16 | No Periscope | World Records Broken with Down Syndrome
- Day 17 | Pumpkin Patch
- Day 18 | Rest Day for Knightly
- Day 19 | Swings
- Day 20 | Dealing with Grief as a Parent of a Child with Down Syndrome
- Day 21 | No Periscope | 7 Reasons Why Having a Child with Down Syndrome Makes Life Better Published on The Mighty!
week 4 periscopes
- Day 22 | Why Does God allow #DownSyndrome with Pastor Mike Erre and family
- Day 23 | Improving Speech with Down Syndrome and the Gemiini System
- Day 24 | How to Find Community with a child with Down Syndrome | DSAOC
- Day 25 | Rest Day for Knightly
- Day 26 | Music + Down Syndrome | Akihito Ochi
- Day 27 | Adoption + Down Syndrome with Sunflower Mae and the Lara Family
- Day 28 | Regional Center + Finding Services for People with Down Syndrome
week 5 periscopes
- Day 29 | Early Intervention, Early Start Therapy + Down Syndrome
- Day 30 | The Family’s Perspective | How to Tell Your Family about Down Syndrome
- Day 31 | FINAL Periscope | Happy Halloween + What I Love Most About Down Syndrome
Read more of our past Down Syndrome posts here.
With our love and gratitude,
Drexelle + mighty Knightly
Leave a Reply