WEEK 3!!! One more week to go (and then reintroduction for 10 days)…and THEN whatever we want to do!
The Parks have gone Paleo now for 3 weeks. For 3 weeks on the Whole30, we’ve avoided all:
- Sugar of any kind (honey, stevia, agave nectars included)
- Alcohol (not even for cooking)
- Grains (including corn)
- Carrageenan, MSG or sulfites
Sooo, how’s it going?
week 3 cons
- Saying no | We’ve had to say no to invites to certain parties, rehearsal dinners, and what not because we know the food has been prefixed and we can’t get our meals customized. So sad.
- Occasional tummy issues| Not as bad as 2nd week but occasionally we’ve discovered our stomachs react funky when we experiment with new spices here and there
- We miss snacking | Saw a big difference when we stopped nighttime snacking – does that make stopping snacking any easier? Nope.
- Dreaming of Whole30 being over | David is having dreams of eating anything he wants. We’re just about one week or more away from that…and his subconscious is breaking.
- Recurrence of certain health issues | Certain symptoms that disappeared have returned, not as full force as they used to – and I’m told it’s a Whole30, not Whole14 or 17 or what not so wait it all out. I’m willing to wait. The pros have outweighed the cons.
- Dishes | Dishes suck. Timesaver tips – please send them my way 🙂
week 3 pros
- BEST of This Week’s Recipes: In order of my personal faves
Julia Child’s Rolled Omelet Thai Style by Nom Nom Paleo
Spaghetti Squash + Meatballs from Stupid Easy Paleo
Paleo Shepherd’s Pie from The Clothes Make the Girl
Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad with Almond Slivers in Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Learning you CAN have amazing Whole30 meals at a restaurant: Sneak peek of our exclusive inside scoop on how to survive at Disneyland with a diet – one of the AMAZING delicious dishes we enjoyed:
- Discovering pre-made Paleo meals: Oh my goodness, when we have no time for groceries or cooking, these have been lifesavers. LOVE Pre-Made Paleo. Delicious + so convenient.
Chicken pesto in just 2 minutes. Delish.
ONE MORE WEEK ’til reintroduction period!!! Then 10 days ’til we’re done. What will we do?!
More details behind The Whole30 here. Check out our past weeks:
Follow our Whole30 journey via instgram here.
With all our love,
The Parks (and baby Knightly)
[…] Parks Go Paleo | Our Whole30 Journey Week 3 […]